I found out that male customization sucks in X/Y, so I'd like to start over as a female character.

However, I got Absol from Wondertrade and I'd like to keep it on the new save. I know that you can use Pokemon bank, but my family doesn't allow me to "buy" it.
So my question is how can I do so without Pokemon Bank?

  • Do you have a friend you can trade with? – user106385 Jul 12 '15 at 22:43
  • I don't think so... @Timelord64 – SilverWolf Gaming Jul 13 '15 at 7:16
  • I believe this is a different question to the one it was duplicated to, as that question is whether a new save can withdraw Pokemon from the Bank, not whether it's possible to save a Pokemon without using the bank – Robotnik Mar 7 '18 at 0:09

@Timelord64 asked a good question. Without PokéBank, you can only resort to trading. If you can find someone who is willing to give you your Pokémon back when you need it, you will be able to "save" your Pokémon thus getting it back after you restart your current progress.

Otherwise, note that Absol can be found and caught on Route 8 on both X and Y games and in Friend Safari if you have a friend with that Pokémon in friend safari.

| improve this answer | |
  • @Timelord64: You can trade with me (via internet wifi) if you want to. We'll have to decide on the date and time we can get online and do the trades. – Jerry Jul 13 '15 at 8:47
  • I decided to restart without my pokemons because I didn't have anything rare or amazingly good. Except that Absol. It would've been good one to start with, but who knows if I get Absol again ^^ – SilverWolf Gaming Jul 13 '15 at 13:20
  • @SilverWolfGaming Okay, good luck then :) – Jerry Jul 13 '15 at 17:56

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.