I play Portugal and suddenly France got under my rule in personal union (I did not intended so).
I don't like it at all because:
- They are 180% stronger and have liberty desire 100%, I need to pay much money to support loyalist to keep them at 90% liberty desire.
- I really worry they will start independence war, where they will massacre me completely (as badly as we massacred Castile in war for Aragons independence).
- I cannot hope to diplo-anex them (too long time required)
- Before PU France was very useful ally always helping me in wars (vs. Castile and Aragon), but now they just sit and watch my armies dying despite they have 3x 30k stack right in the next province.
- I would perhaps prefer to release them, so they would become my ally again. How to do it?
- Is there a way how to make them useful to me? (e.g. actively participate in my wars?) I'm trade/colony nation - I have quite lot of money, but little manpower.