I'm going to try to be as specific as possible (because I saw this question: Do the inventories of NPCs respawn with new goodies after you've pickpocketed them?):
I am talking only about Skyrim and I simply want to know if NPCs respawn pickpocketed items.
I am also not talking about pickpocketing new NPCs that have respawned in cleared dungeons and such. I'm just focused on the question of pickpocketing NPCs that I left alive after I robbed them and whether or not they respawn items.
I googled around and I can't get a straight answer:
- Followers never respawn
- Followers DO respawn (especially after waiting)
- Named NPCs never respawn
- The opposite of that.
- Named NPCs respawn if you leave one item on them.
- Named NPCs respawn if you take everything.
- Generic NPCs do or don't respawn, if you do or don't leave an item on them.
- Specific followers/named NPCs/generic NPCs respawn items according to hidden rules that Bethesda made up that no one can figure out.
I simply want to know which one of these statements is true.
I tried watching and it was very strange to me because early on in the game, it seemed like they never respawned items no matter how long I waited. Later on (I had leveled up to about 30) it seemed like they DID respawn items if I waited.
Please help? I am very confused.