OK. I have 31 cubes, and 7 bits. There is one missing. Where in the world is it hidden?
Before you say, "That's impossible to answer without knowing all the other ones you've already collected" there are a few relevant bits of information:
- Going through as if this were my first play-through:
- Not exploring any secret areas
- Avoiding all anti-cubes, even the more obvious ones
- With the exception of secret doors:
- All rooms on my map are gold
- All non-secret paths have been thoroughly explored
Why am I going through the game this way? Because it's fun! During my first play-through a few years ago, much was left unexplored since enough stray anti-cubes were collected to finish the game without exploring everything.
Given all that, the real question is:
Is there a secret room somewhere with a cube bit in it?