So I'm using Linux Ubuntu 14 and I have my desired texture pack but when i go to .minecraft it doesn't show a texture pack folder so I am unable to download resource packs what do I do to fix it? I already tried doing a re download but it didn't work.
The best method of opening a texture pack on the Linux OS is to:
1. Download a resource pack, you should get a .zip file
2. Open the folder to which you downloaded the file
3. Copy the .zip file
4. Type ~/.minecraft/resourcepacks/ in your file manager's address bar or in the console
5. Paste the file into the directory
6. Open Minecraft
7. Go to "Options", then "Resource Packs"
Final: The resource pack should now be listed and you can activate it by choosing it and hitting "Done".