Been trying to theorycraft a flicker strike build for the upcoming Metamorph league, but I've been running short on ideas to sustain Frenzy Charges for Flicker Strike. Here are some methods that I've known work for a long time but I don't personally like, for various reasons:
- The Red Trail + The Golden Rule
- My issue is that it requires either running a Malevolence + Watcher's Eye Bleed Immune mod, or speccing into the Slayer ascendancy to keep up its 100% uptime. This also includes taking on not as "useful" Slayer ascendancy nodes.
- Apep's Supremacy + The Golden Rule
- My issue with this is similar to the Red Trail, only that it requires that I invest in %chance to Poison nodes/mods
- Blood Rage/Blasphemy-Poacher's Mark
- At later game stages, including end-game, Poacher's Mark becomes far less useful. 35% mana reservation isn't exactly ideal for a Flicker Strike build when there are more auras out there that can carry this build into endgame.
- Terminus Est
- Just not a fan of 2H. GGG has consistently made dual wielding 1h melees stronger than 2H weapons, and with the upcoming nerfs to Elder-influenced 2h melees getting a cheap 6-8L will be impossible.
- Oro's Sacrifice
- A lot more restrictive on damage gearing. Since this does mostly fire damage I'd have to gear my entire build around essentially that, fire damage, and this does low phys to start off with so there isn't much to scale off of phys.
And the deepest, largest problem for me:
- Mapping really hurts this build. I essentially have to reroll over:
- Phys reflect
- Ele reflect
- Cannot leech/mana
- Each ascendancy has their own issue with the build
- Trickster has access to Weave the Arcane for no issues with mana, but the skill tree starts considerably far away from the melee nodes I want to use the scale damage up.
- Raider has easy access to Frenzy charge generation, so the question is answered, but it's seemingly tougher to account for the mana cost of Flicker Strike, and still has to avoid phys/ele refl and cannot leech
- Slayer can scale crit for Flicker but also runs into mana issues, and cannot run ele refl/cannot leech mods.
Other than these, I can't really think off the top of my head if there's any other consistent ways of generating Frenzy Charges for Flicker Strike?