I would like to place the same building multiple times. For apartments, this is enabled by default, but for other buildings, I have to go through the build menu again.
the standard method for games for a long time was 'hold shift whilst placing', I assume this doesn't work. Tried ctrl or alt?– IanMar 8, 2013 at 15:55
Yes, none of those work ;(– mafuMar 8, 2013 at 21:19
Some largely undocumented controls that might be useful, taken from here and here.
- Last Constructed Building: \
- Cycle between building variants (e.g. different types of farms): [ and ]
- Rotate camera: Alt + Arrow keys
- Zoom in and out: Page Up and Page Down
- Rotate buildings: < and >
- Demolish: Delete
- Last On-Screen Notification: F2
- Open Almanac: F1
- Road: R
- Select Avatar: Backspace
As a preliminary answer, several buildings are accessible via a keyboard shortcut. For instance, roads can be selected by pressing 'R', garages by 'G'.